Friday 31 January 2014

TRANSLATION - FIRST YEAR ENGLISH GUESS PAPER

DAY THIRTEEN
Important Paragraphs for Translation
Paragraph No. 1
     They went into the living room and Mr. Steward sat in Norma's chair. He reached into an inside coat-pocket and withdrew a small sealed envelope. "Inside here is a key to the bell-unit dome," he said. He set the envelope on the chair side-table. "The bell is connected to our office."
First Year English Guess Paper
Paragraph No. 2
     While she was stacking dishes, she turned abruptly, dried her hands, and took the package from the bottom cabinet. Opening it, she set the button unit on the table. She stared at it for a long time before taking the key from its envelope and removing the glass dome. She stared at the button. How ridiculous, she thought. All this furore over a meaningless button.
First Year English Guess Paper
Paragraph No. 3
     Only twice did my father stop to wipe the sweat from his eyes as he climbed the second steep bluff toward the fingers of the pines. We reached the limbless trunks of these tall straight pines whose branches reached the blue depth of the sky, or the white cloud was now gone. I saw a clearing, a small clearing of not more than three-fourth of an acre in the heart of this wilderness right on the mountain top.
First Year English Guess Paper

Paragraph No. 4
     "Twenty times in my life," he said, "a doctor has told me to go home and be with my family as long as I could. Told me not to work. Not to do anything but to live and enjoy the few days I had left with me. If the doctors have been right," he said, winking at me, "I have cheated death many times! Now, I've reached the years the Good Book allows to man in his lifetime upon this earth! Three score years and ten!"
First Year English Guess Paper


Paragraph No. 5
     "Oh, yes," he said. "Early last spring, I couldn't climb straight up the steep path. That was when the doctor didn't give me a week to live. I made a longer, easier path so I wouldn't have to do so much climbing. Then, as I got better, he explained. "I made another path that was a little steeper. And as I continued to get better, I made steeper paths. That was one way of knowing I was getting better all the time!"
First Year English Guess Paper
Paragraph No. 6 
     For a long time there was only the sound of the wind in the late afternoon. Alone, thought Bittering. Only a thousand of us here. No way back. No way. No way. Sweat poured out from his face and his hands and his body; he was drenched in the hotness of his fear. He wanted to strike Laura, cried, "No, you're lying! The rockets will come back!" Instead, he stroked Laura's head against him and said, "The rockets will get through someday."
First Year English Guess Paper

1 comment:

  1. All chapter s translation should be provided. This would be more effective

    ReplyDelete